You have no items in your shopping cart.
Transparent storage sample bottles are made of glass, and when discussing this material, it is essential to mention the coefficient of linear expansion, which indicates the change in the length of glass per degree of temperature change. In simple terms, it reflects the glass's ability to withstand significant temperature variations. The lower the coefficient of linear expansion, the greater the temperature changes glass can endure. Although seemingly insignificant compared to the many precise analytical instruments used in laboratories, improper use of autosampler vials, caps, and septa can significantly impact experiments, leading to reduced efficiency and repeatability.
Steps for Using Transparent Storage Sample Bottles:
- Before use, inspect the autosampler to check for cracks in the syringe and ensure that the needle tip is not blunt.
- Eliminate any residual samples in the bottle by washing the autosampler with solvent 5 to 20 times, discarding the waste liquid from the first 2 to 3 washes.
- Remove bubbles from the bottle by immersing the needle tip in the solvent and repeatedly aspirating and dispensing the sample. When purging the sample, the bubbles in the autosampler can change with the vertical movement of the needle.
- When using the sample bottle, fill the autosampler with the liquid first and then purge the liquid to the desired sample volume.
Features of Transparent Storage Sample Bottles:
- This type of headspace sample bottle is available in capacities of 5mL, 10mL, and 20mL. The crimp top vial series strictly controls the bottle mouth to improve sealing, and the precisely molded bottleneck enhances the processing capability of the autosampler.
- Standard GC and HPLC sample bottles suitable for autosamplers and sample storage. Flat-bottomed bottles are suitable for situations where downward movement occurs during instrument operation, ensuring a tighter seal due to the large contact area between the flat mouth bottle and the septum.
- The 20mm septum is made of high-quality materials to ensure excellent functionality, especially for gas chromatographs, ensuring that the septum will not fall into the sample bottle during the sampling process. The 20mm septum is made of PTFE/silicone fusion, known for its excellent inertness and ability for repeated sampling, with a thickness of 3mm and PTFE thickness of about 0.08mm.